[Haskell-cafe] Haddock changes pushed upstream

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 01:46:41 UTC 2014

Oops, something else I forgot to mention. You can now nest markup
properly. For example, before it was incorrect to have other markup
inside of emphasis. This even meant that the HTML escape codes (which we
convert ourselves) would not be converted or that you can't have
structures like /@foo@/ as you'd end up with ‘@foo@’ verbatim rather
than emphasised, monospaced ‘foo’.

This is now fixed. I see this kind of documentation a lot on Hackage so
you might want to go and either change it if you're relying on the
broken behaviour or leave it as it is and bask in its new glory.

More reading at [1].

Thanks

[1]: http://trac.haskell.org/haddock/ticket/252
--