[Haskell-cafe] ANN: cheapskate 0.1, markdown parser

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 8 04:12:22 UTC 2014

+++ Daniil Frumin [Jan 08 14 05:45 ]:
> Cool!
>
> By the way, I've noticed that you've rolled your own parser combinator
> library. May I ask you, what is the reason for that?
> Are other parser libraries not fast enough for the needs?

I started out using attoparsec, but I really needed the ability to query
source position, which attoparsec doesn't provide.  I also added a way
to peek at the character *before* the current position (peekLastChar),
which simplified some of my parsers.  Otherwise it's very similar to
attoparsec, with similar performance.