[Haskell-cafe] Please fix documentation for you Hackage packages!

Daniel Gorín dgorin at dc.uba.ar
Mon Jan 6 18:08:47 UTC 2014

On 06 Jan 2014, at 17:23, Sven Panne <svenpanne at gmail.com> wrote:

> […] To build the documentation, we should probably not build the package
> itself, this seems to be the source of most problems. Doxygen doesn't
> generate *.o files, either AFAIK…

Some packages that have bindings to foreign libraries are not built in hackage since *cabal* is rejecting them; otherwise ghc would be happy to build them and produce haddocks. Cabal rejects them since they list libraries in the extra-libraries or pkgconfig-depends field that are not found, but as long as header files are not needed in building the package, only the linking process would ultimately fail.

If this check by cabal could be overridden with some flag, then we’d easily get more packages to build and have docs.

Daniel