[Haskell-cafe] Please fix documentation for you Hackage packages!

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 01:37:03 UTC 2014

Greetings café,

As some of you might have noticed recently, there seems to be quite a
few packages with broken documentation on Hackage recently. If you are
an owner of such package, please consider fixing it. There's a thread on
cabal-devel about this if you're interested in details.

Here's a list of packages uploaded since beginning of 2013 for which the
documentation was broken as of yesterday:
http://fuuzetsu.co.uk/misc/sorted.txt

If your package is on that list, your documentation is broken. Only the
most recent versions of packages were being considered.

I outline how to fix your documentation (in most cases this means
uploading it by hand) in a blog post I just published. Please refer to:
http://fuuzetsu.co.uk/blog/posts/2014-01-06-Fix-your-Hackage-documentation.html

The post contains a link to as script which naively attempts to automate
the burden of uploading the docs manually. If your package can't be
built simply with ‘cabal configure && cabal build && cabal haddock
--hyperlink-source’, you'll have to adapt it to your situation.

Thanks. I hope to see fewer packages with broken documentation in the
future.
--
Mateusz K.