[Haskell-cafe] Intercept stdin in Haskell

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sun Jan 5 21:14:19 UTC 2014

I bet a quarter you can't do it.  You'd need access to the process state -
whether it's blocking for I/O and whether one of the units in the input set
is 0 ("stdin".)  Even if you could get that? you'd have to poll for it, which
would be hideous.

That's the UNIX I/O model.  I've always found it a little annoying, because
I could do this with the VMS `mailbox' device, analogous to UNIX pipes -
in various ways a more sophisticated interprocess communication system than
UNIX's.

	Donn