[Haskell-cafe] Hdevtools cabal support

Carlo Hamalainen carlo at carlo-hamalainen.net
Sat Feb 22 09:21:11 UTC 2014

On 22/02/14 04:46, Maxim Kulkin wrote:
> Thanks for the support Joey!
>
> Could you send me the full list of GHC options that your application
> is built with. You can do that by issuing "cabal build -v" and then
> finding options that you ghc is run with. I do not need list of your
> modules or your defines though. That would help.
>
> This is one downside of using all GHC options. I have already done
> workaround for -Werror and seems like there are other situations that
> cause problems (looks like CPP warnings for some reason cause
> preprocessing fail).

Does ghc-mod handle this case? It has some code for automatically
finding a project's cabal file and/or sandbox.

Also the latest Cabal library has some functionality (related to what
happens when you call "cabal repl") that both hdevtools and ghc-mod (and
even my project ghc-imported-from) could benefit from. There's no reason
to duplicate the work that is already done in Cabal for working out GHC
options, cabal package options, etc.

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net