[Haskell-cafe] Hdevtools cabal support

Maxim Kulkin maxim.kulkin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 21:16:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Haskell, but was doing Haskell development for several month. I'm fan of Vim editor and was happy to find out that there are good tools to support Haskell development with Vim, e.g. vim-hdevtools. But it turned out that it not of much use in my project where we rely on Cabal packages and sandboxes.

As part of scratching own itch I have implemented support for Cabal packages for Hdevtools.

I invite everyone interested to try, review and provide feedback on this.

The patch is not yet merged into master branch, so to install it you need to check it out from my repository:

  git clone https://github.com/maximkulkin/hdevtools.git
  cd hdevtools
  git checkout cabal-support
  cabal install

So, to be able to use hdevtools with Cabal, you just need to run hdevtools from inside your Cabal project, e.g.

  hdevtools check src/MyFile.hs
  hdevtools info src/MyOtherFile.hs DoThat

Hope this will save someone's day.
Max