[Haskell-cafe] Lazy lists with with call-by-value reduction strategy.

Kyle Miller kmill31415 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 03:24:40 UTC 2014

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Haskell secretly doing a set!
when parts of an ADT are evaluated to memoize them?  In the vein of lazy
lists, taking the tail of a list in Haskell would be one such example.

I noticed this secret set! when I was learning about its garbage collector:
I was surprised at first that objects in older generations could ever have
pointers to objects in newer generations!

Kyle