[Haskell-cafe] haskell-search.org | research tools for Haskell

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sun Feb 9 18:15:03 UTC 2014

On 09/02/14 17:46, m at j4.pe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to introduce http://haskell-search.org/. The idea is to
> index the most common Haskell sites to facilitate research on
> Haskell. It is a version for testing. If you like it, I can leave it
> running.
>
> Regards

Hi,

I have found a 2 bugs and 2 annoyances in the first 20 seconds. First bug:

1. Go to the main page
2. Type something in the search, such as ‘functor’ and wait for the
suggestion list to appear.
3. Press return

We now get results but the suggestion list stays open, resulting in the
results being obscured.

Second bug:
The ‘Previous’ button is always clickable even if we're on the first page.

First annoyance:
It's all a single page! The browser ‘back’ buttons &c do not work!
Please stop this if at all possible, it makes browsing close to
impossible. It's the same thing with the ‘Next’ and ‘Previous’ buttons.
Same for results with 0 pages.

Second annoyance:
We're not told which page we're on at all.

Let me know if you prefer these as bugs on GitHub instead.

Other than those problems, I think this might turn out to be useful
although it definitely needs some usability polish.

PS: It'd be much cooler if the code running the site was in Haskell!

--
Mateusz K.