[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Wheb -- A WAI framework

Kyle Hanson hanooter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 18:07:43 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I was rather frustrated with the use of Template Haskell as the main entry
point for the big framework projects (Yesod, Snap, etc.) While these
frameworks offer template-free options, they seem like second class
citizens. So I started work on Wheb with the goal that out of the box I
could start a project quickly, without Template Haskell and without the
dreaded long list of Language Pragma's at the top.  I was inspired by the
simplicity of the Scotty project which showed how easy a Haskell server
could be to write.

I have included a couple of plugin examples for handling Auth and Sessions.
Wheb is database and template agnostic, but I plan to write some plugins
soon to make it easier to use the major libraries with Wheb.

I just started work on it last weekend but wanted to share my progress.
Take a look if it interests you!

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Wheb-0.0.1.1

https://github.com/hansonkd/Wheb-Framework

Thanks,