[Haskell-cafe] problem with happy and type identity

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 19:34:40 UTC 2014

To be able to share code between your library and your tests, you should either

* Have a separate directory for the library sources and the test
sources. For example, put Ast.hs and Parser.y in 'src' and put
'Hs-source-dirs: src' in the library section. Put RunTests.hs in
'tests', and put 'Hs-source-dirs: tests' in the test-suite section.
This is the preferred way.
* Alternatively, don't specify 'sample' as a build-depends in the
test-suite. Note that this will mean that Ast and Parser will get
compiled twice.

Right now, cabal somehow mixes types from the files compiled as part
of the test suite with types imported from the library.

Regards,

Erik