[Haskell-cafe] CTO Opportunity

Charles Weitzer Charles at CharlesWeitzer.com
Mon Feb 3 21:19:12 UTC 2014

My name is Charles Weitzer.  I do recruiting for major quantitative hedge
funds worldwide. I have a client, a startup quantitative hedge fund located
in Northern California, that would like to hire a Chief Technology Officer
as soon as possible. Their job description can be found below.

* Chief Technology Officer

Fast-growing science and technology driven company seeks a Chief Technology
Officer.  We apply statistical machine learning to develop automated trading
systems. We are a growing group of exceptional software and infrastructure
professionals and seek an experienced candidate to lead and grow the team.
The CTO will manage the implementation of our next generation
infrastructure, including production trading systems, software
infrastructure for our research department, and our compute and storage
hardware systems.  The CTO will work directly with the Head of Research and
the CEO to set the technical direction of the company.  A strong candidate
will be well-versed in state-of-the-art technology (particularly distributed
systems and cluster computing), and will have a track record of building and
leading elite technical teams and successfully delivering complex projects
(especially in a startup environment).  A background in finance is not
required.

We are a science-driven systematic trading firm, built on the principle that
statistical machine learning provides the best solutions to the scientific
problems we must solve. Our CEO is a CS PhD and founded a successful
Internet startup, and our Head of Research/Chief Investment Officer is a
Berkeley statistics professor; both have a background in finance.  Our
trading is entirely automated and based on cutting-edge machine learning
techniques. We have a collegial, academic working environment, rely on open
source software, and have built our own software stack.  We have a track
record of strong performance and have been raising money and growing fast.
Willingness to take initiative, and a gritty determination to productize,
are essential.

Benefits and compensation are highly competitive.

I look forward to speaking with you and anyone you might highly recommend
about this opportunity.

Thank you,

Charles Weitzer

CEO/Senior Recruiter