[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Package for Fedora 21?

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 00:54:29 UTC 2014

Thanks,

I should have been more precise. It is possible to install an older
version of Haskell Platform (containing ghc 7.6.3) in the usual
Fedora 21 way: yum -y install haskell-platform.

I am trying to install the most recent version of the Haskell
Platform, version 2014.2.0.0, and for this only a Debian
binary is provided. This doesn't work under Fedora 21.

I tried using the source distribution for HP 2014.2.0.0, and this
requires an already installed HP, so I installed the one that
includes ghc 7.6.3. The build of the source distribution failed
on the step that tries to create hptool due to "cannot satisfy"
applied to hastache-0.6.1...