[Haskell-cafe] Computer Language Benchmarks Game: Mandelbrot

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sat Dec 27 14:39:50 UTC 2014

The holidays a good time to do something about the Haskell entries for the
Computer Language Benchmarks Game. I made the Mandelbrot entry[0] a bit
smaller, see the attached file. I removed superfluous imports, type
declarations and all bangs (except in the line "data T = T !Int !Int !Int
!Double"). Both with and without bangs, there is a memory leak; in both
cases, the run time is the same (tested on Windows 8.1, GHC 7.8.3). If no
one knows any further improvements, I will submit my version to the
Benchmarks Game.

By the way, would it be a good idea to create a public (Darcs) repository
for the Benchmarks Game entries?

Henk-Jan van Tuyl

Folding at home
us closer sooner. Watch the video.