[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hledger 0.24

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Dec 25 19:55:30 UTC 2014

Happy Christmas/Holidays/New Year all!

I’m pleased to announce hledger and hledger-web 0.24.
Highlights of this release include: CSV export, a non-floating point
number representation, more powerful account aliases, speedups, and a
streamlined web UI.

Release notes: http://hledger.org/release-notes.html#hledger-0.24

Release contributors: Simon Michael, Julien Moutinho, Ryan Desfosses,
Gergely Risko, Gwern.

Installation: cabal install hledger[-web] or see http://hledger.org/download

hledger (http://hledger.org) is a command-line tool, web app and haskell
library for tracking and reporting on financial transactions, stored in
a human-readable plain text format. It can also read CSV or timelog
files, and export CSV. It provides useful reports and can also help you
record new transactions interactively.  Add-on commands include
hledger-irr (for calculating internal rate of return) and
hledger-interest (for generating interest transactions).
hledger is inspired by and largely compatible with Ledger.

I wish you a very merry, balanced and prosperous 2015.
-Simon