[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] relational-record - relational-algebraic query building DSL

Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Fri Dec 19 01:09:55 UTC 2014

Hi Manuel,

I'm answering to you as a contributor of HRR.

> It looks like this project shares many goals with Tom Ellis’ excellent
> and recently released[1] Opaleye library.  How would you say your
> approach compares with Opaleye’s?

We got to know Opaleye just before we released HRR. We have not
compared HRR with Opaleye yet. They are really independent.

To be fair, would you enumerate technical questions? We would love to
answer. And it would be nice if Tom will answer to them, too.

P.S.

HRR has been already used in the backend systems to express complex
SQLs in Asahi-Net (an ISP in Japan) more than one year. It's not a toy
package.

Regards,

--Kazu