[Haskell-cafe] CFP: TFPIE 2015

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:08:52 UTC 2014

Good morning Johan,

I was just looking at the Wiki and it seems quite interesting, even though
I would like to ask you something as this passage is open to multiple
interpretations:

"TFPIE 2015 welcomes submissions describing techniques used in the
classroom, tools used in and/or developed for the classroom and any
creative use of functional programming (FP) to aid education in or outside
Computer Science."

What I would like to understand is if the focus of the Workshop is on
"Teaching students FP" or is rather "Using FP to built products to aid
teaching/learning". Or perhaps is a sprinkle of both?

We (Iris Connect Ltd - www.irisconnect.co.uk) are a company which have
recently rebuilt all our backend systems in Haskell, and we do sell a
product which is basically a web platform for teachers to share,
collaborate and develop best practices.

So, technically speaking, we indeed have developed a tool/product using FP
and we are in the education market, but we do not certainly teach
functional programming to students.

Speaking hypothetically, would we be accepted to the workshop is this is
just too "out of focus"?

I hope I have conveyed my ideas clearly enough.

My best regards,

Alfredo Di Napoli