[Haskell-cafe] PVP question

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Dec 17 08:24:21 UTC 2014

I appreciate everyone's input on this. I've decided I'm going to treat this
as a minor version bump, for the following reasons:

* It's unclear that *any* breakage will occur.
* If any breakage does occur, it should be trivial to fix in a backwards
compatible way.
* And while breakage is generally a bad thing, in this case, it would
likely be beneficial to the community if we got extra data out of the
exercise by having a build breakage result from this change.

If I hear any reports of breakage as a result of this change, I'll try to
remember to report them.