[Haskell-cafe] Year-end deadline for Haskell.org donations

Adam Foltzer acfoltzer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 21:58:26 UTC 2014

Dear Haskellers,

HaskellWiki, Hackage, Hoogle, and all the other Haskell.org sites we depend
on are hosted with funds donated by you, the Haskell community. As many of
us are in tax jurisdictions where December 31st is a deadline for
charitable giving, I’d like to remind you that donations to support these
activities are tax-deductible. You can donate online right now at
https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=69561.

Last year was the first time we were able to seek your help while offering
tax relief, and you came through: we raised nearly $900 in the span of a
few days! This year, with almost three weeks left before the end of the
year, I'd love to see us double that.

It has been quite a year for Haskell.org: we migrated of most of our
infrastructure, including Hackage, to Rackspace in order to
improve reliability. We implemented new proxying to improve speed and
performance, and improved the documentation and standardization of our
server administration practices. Many of these accomplishments and much
else are detailed by Austin Seipp at the new Haskell.org infrastructure
blog at https://blog.haskell.org/post/the_new_haskell_org/. Let's keep the
momentum going in 2015!

Thank you and best wishes for a happy new year,
Adam Foltzer & The Haskell.org Committee