[Haskell-cafe] Why doesn't text-icu work on 64 bit Windows?

kyra kyrab at mail.ru
Tue Dec 9 11:58:53 UTC 2014

Didn't look into details, so a couple of general advises:

1. On 64-bit platforms gcc and GHC silently link against Visual
C-created import libraries, but resulting exe segfaults. Import
libraries should be recreated with native 64-bit dlltool.

2. Perhaps the most important difference between 64-bit Windows and
Linux ABIs is that "long" is 4-byte on Windows.

Cheers,
Kyra