[Haskell-cafe] Wish list for GHC API tooling support

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Mon Aug 18 08:40:31 UTC 2014

Alan & Kim Zimmerman wrote:
> At the moment the GHC API is a sort of poor relation in the haskell world,
> where it could be a significantly useful resource for the growing list of
> haskell tool providers.
>
> Based on my experiences with HaRe, I have started putting together a wish
> list of features I would like to see in it, which is here
> https://github.com/fpco/haskell-ide/wiki/GHC-API

Projects like the haskell-suite[1] and hint[2] offer more stable
alternatives to analyzing and executing Haskell code.

GHC is simply a fast moving target, which I think is a good idea from a
feature point of view, but it does make it difficult to offer a stable API.

   [1]: https://github.com/haskell-suite
   [2]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hint

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus