[Haskell-cafe] The Good, the Bad and the GUI

Tom Nielsen tanielsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 14:17:08 UTC 2014

> There is no excuse for a
> spreadsheet quietly taking a never-assigned cell as zero,
> but indeed it does.

May I contribute to this interesting discussion the observation:

1
<BLANK>
3
=PRODUCT(A1:A3)

gives 3 (in Gnumeric).

So for the PRODUCT function, blanks are treated as 1.

Furthermore, you may be interested in priorknowledge's techcrunch talk in
which they promised to "disrupt blanks":
http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/11/prior-knowledge-a-predictive-database-for-developers/

Tom