[Haskell-cafe] haskell (and beyond) in education

Nicola Gigante nicola.gigante at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:42:07 UTC 2014

Il giorno 14/ago/2014, alle ore 19:29, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> I am collecting some data on FP used to introduce programming
> ie as a first course: http://blog.languager.org/2014/08/universities-starting-functional.html
>
> Naturally the haskell link is the first:
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_education
>
> I was just wondering if there are more extremal cases of this:
> eg Are there any univs using Idris/Agda to *introduce* programming/math/proofs etc

The first programming course at the little University of Udine (Italy) uses Scheme. It is very effective for students with no background on programming and illuminating for who had previous exposure to imperative languages at high school (like me, at the time).

The functional programming course at the third year continues with Haskell.

Greetings,
Nicola