[Haskell-cafe] The Good, the Bad and the GUI

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek at power.com.pl
Tue Aug 12 22:33:46 UTC 2014

On 12.08.2014 23:50, Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
> Wojtek Narczyński wrote:
>> I would really like to see a complex web form (think Facebook, VAT
>> Invoice, Tax forms) done in FRP. The harsh reality is that FRP for
>> GUIs still has to prove that its utility reaches beyond the game of
>> Pong.
>
> Like this?
>
>   http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Reactive-banana/Examples#crud
>
> It's still a toy model, but I think it captures the essential
> difficulties. A full blown tax form would just be more of the same.

Is it live anywhere? I'd like to test it for HTML injection. The #1
difficulty is validation. Is there any in this example? I can't see any.
This really does not qualify as a complex web form.

You'll get _exponentially_ more of the same. See paper "Plato: A
Compiler for Interactive Web Forms",
http://www.cs.uic.edu/~hinrichs/papers/hinrichs2011plato.pdf

--
Wojtek