[Haskell-cafe] The Good, the Bad and the GUI

Wojtek Narczyński wojtek at power.com.pl
Tue Aug 12 08:31:25 UTC 2014

On 12.08.2014 01:14, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
> Wojtek. What you say is exactly what has been solved time ago by
> fomlets in Web interfaces.  There are many formlet library and almost
> all haskell web framework use formlets.

AFAIK, formlets at the server are very much like PHP, only with neater
syntax, strong typing, and the like. Formlets tutorials teach you to put
all your validation into the GUI, you really can't do much worse.

But, Alberto, your client side formlets look very interesting. I printed
your Monad.Reader paper, and I'm definitely going to explore your ideas.

--
Kind regards,
Wojtek Narczyński