[Haskell-cafe] Side-by-side pretty printing

Michael Lazarev lazarev.michael at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:54:44 UTC 2014

> Yes - the common pretty printers do not handle column printing,
> generally they are for laying out text with nesting - typically
> program code.
>
> Maybe someone has written a column-oriented pretty printer, it is not
> so hard - I've written "internal" ones a few times, but never polished
> one up enough to publish.

I sketched one on a blackboard today, during a workshop. It turned out
to be pretty easy in Haskell. Just wanted to double-check that I
understand capabilities of Text.PrettyPrint correctly, as it's hard
for me to understand the code closer to the end of this module. Thank
you very much for your help!