[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Hayoo Relaunch

Andrew Gibiansky andrew.gibiansky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:55:35 UTC 2014

> Hayoo requires about 5GB of RAM for indexing complete Hackage at the
moment. I don't think is feasible to run a local Hayoo to index Hackage.
On the other hand, one might think about a Hayoo which indexes the local
Cabal sandbox. Unfortunately, this is not our top priority.

On my laptop, I have 16 GB RAM. 5 GB is not nothing, but it really isn't
that much -- if it requires only 5 GB, it's *definitely* feasible to run a
local Hayoo (well, memory-wise at least).

-- Andrew