[Haskell-cafe] Applicative & Monad as interaction between categories

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:46:35 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I recently came across of two blog posts[1][2] by Gabriel Gonzales where he
shows motivation for writing compositional functions -- and thus why the concept
of category is useful -- and motivation to write functors between them.

I wanted to know if something similar for has been done to `Applicative' and
`Monad' as design pattern and interaction between categories. I've searching but
I always hit the Monad tutorials and more info on how to use them.

Thanks in advance. Excuse my English.

[1]: http://www.haskellforall.com/2012/08/the-category-design-pattern.html
[2]: http://www.haskellforall.com/2012/09/the-functor-design-pattern.html

--
Ruben Astudillo. pgp: 0x3C332311 , usala en lo posible :-)
Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...