[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] StrappedTemplates - general purpose templates

Kyle Hanson me at khanson.io
Mon Aug 4 17:40:40 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I found that I wasn't quite satisfied by the template offerings (Heist,
Hastache, Shakespearean, etc..) of Haskell, so I built my own. The goal is
to have simple syntax that non-haskellers would be comfortable using,
resembles templates found in other languages (Jinja, Django, etc) and an
interface to render them that I don't have to think very hard to use.

Features include inheritance, logic, includes, functions, and relatively
speedy rendering (much faster than interpreted templates like Heist-I and
Hastache) .

Its very much a work in progress, but I felt that it was enough for an
initial release and get general feedback on it.  Comments are appreciated.

One thing that I want to improve is how functions are handled in the
template and in the "InputBucket", extend the syntax to allow you to do
more inside the template and be able to define your own block functions.
These will probably be added next major release.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/StrappedTemplates
https://github.com/hansonkd/StrappedTemplates

Thanks!
Kyle Hanson