[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Hayoo Relaunch

Nicolas Trangez nicolas at incubaid.com
Mon Aug 4 10:35:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-08-04 at 12:28 +0200, Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
> Sebastian Philipp wrote:
>
> > Hayoo <http://hayoo.fh-wedel.de> has been relaunched. Hayoo is a search
> > engine for Hackage packages, which allows you to search for functions,
> > data types and packages.
> >
> > It is currently work in progress. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks for this fabulous search engine that covers all of hackage! But I
> have feedback. :)
>
> Yesterday, I was trying to search for the operator (^?!), but no
> results. Today, I found that I have to put it in quotes, so the
> following queries work: "(^?!)", "^?!". I guess that one of the three
> symbols has some special meaning in the query language, but would it be
> possible to change the lexical syntax to match Haskell's syntax? I.e.
> any valid Haskell identifier is also a valid search query. (I'm happy to
> put parentheses around operators.)

I experienced something similar/related by simply querying for
"foldl'" (without the quotes):

> Internal Error: (line 1, column 6): unexpected '\'' expecting "\\",
"^", space, white space, "++", "NEAR", "FOLLOW", "AND", "OR" or end of
input

The query succeeds when using "foldl'" with the quotes.

I'm not sure whether it's intentional for those queries to fail, but it
feels counter-intuitive.

Anyway, next to that: thanks for your work on Hayoo!

Nicolas