[Haskell-cafe] Tor project

Wojciech Narczyński wojtek at power.com.pl
Fri Aug 1 09:43:00 UTC 2014

W dniu 2014-08-01 10:28, Auke Booij pisze:
> On 1 August 2014 10:11, Wojtek Narczyński <wojtek at power.com.pl> wrote:
>> You asked for it. For me, doing useless computations just to make sure the
>> timing is right, does not make sense. Using a clock makes sense.
> If you believe that is the case, how are you planning to tackle power
> analysis attacks? (Note that such attacks are not just theoretical.)

Oh, okay, my mind is set on remote attacks. In the scenario where the
attacker has access to the hardware under attack, doing fake
computations most resembling normal computations is definitely better
then clock. In general, access to the hardware raises the bar for
security very high. In such a scenario assembly language might be the
best choice, or at least analysis of the binary code.