[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Cryptol, a DSL for cryptography

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 23:14:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

Galois is happy to announce the first open source release of Cryptol!
 Please visit Cryptol's website for documentation, source code, and
information on how to contribute:

http://www.cryptol.net/

Cryptol is a domain-specific language for specifying cryptographic
algorithms. A Cryptol implementation of an algorithm resembles its
mathematical specification more closely than an implementation in a general
purpose language.  Furthermore, Cryptol shares lots of similarities with
Haskell so, hopefully, Haskell programmers should be able to start writing
Cryptol programs fairly quickly.

Last, but not least, we are always interested in contributors!  So, if you
think of a cool new feature, or discover an annoying bug, please don't be
afraid to have a look at the source code.  At present, we think that the
easiest way to manage contributions is by using github's fork model, so
just sand us a pull request.

Also, if you have questions about the source code or the Cryptol language,
please feel free to drop me an e-mail or a message on git-hub (I am user
"yav").

Happy hacking,
-Iavor and the Cryptol team