[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Monad.Reader Issue 23

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Thu Apr 24 06:35:58 UTC 2014

I am pleased to announce that Issue 23 of the Monad Reader is now available.

    http://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/issue23.pdf
    http://themonadreader.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/issue-23/

Issue 23 consists of the following five articles:

  * FizzBuzz in Haskell by Embedding a Domain-Specific Language by
    Maciej Pírog
    http://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/fizzbuzz.pdf

  * Supercompilation: Ideas and Methods (+appendix) by Ilya Klyuchnikov
    and Dimitur Krustev
    http://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/super-final.pdf

  * A Haskell sound specification DSL: Ludic support and deep immersion
    in Nordic technology-supported LARP by Henrik Bäärnhielm, Daniel
    Sundström and Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson
    http://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/celestria_main.pdf

  * MFlow, a continuation-based web framework without continuations by
    Alberto Gomez Corona
    http://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mflow.pdf

  * Practical Type System Benefits by Neil Brown
    http://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/nccb.pdf

This time around, I have individual article files for each (and the
supercompilation article has an extra appendix not included in the full
issue PDF).

Feel free to browse the source files. You can check out the entire
repository using Git:

    git clone https://github.com/ezyang/tmr-issue23.git

If you’d like to write something for Issue 24, please get in touch!

Cheers,
Edward