[Haskell-cafe] Current status of Mavericks CPP

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Wed Apr 16 14:58:23 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-16 15:42, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> I'd like to point out that cpphs is a thing.  And that the near term
> plans for ghc are likely to lean on cpphs.
>
> A huge constraint is that ghc and many other Haskell code bases use
> cpp, and unless we migrate everything any near term choice will
> essentially be a Haskell aware cpp.

I don't think anyone want to remove cpp anyhow in a near term.
I think this exercise is about offering another preprocessor that would
be more suited to preprocess haskell (HPP).

Once ghc (or some standard) add this {-# LANGUAGE HPP #-} feature,
projects can start migrating to the saner solution in their own time.

--
Vincent