[Haskell-cafe] Cabal/cabal-install 1.20 release candidates

Michal Antkiewicz mantkiew at gsd.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 16 01:26:20 UTC 2014

Re: reproducing...

When you loose internet connection during cabal run or you try to build
without internet access you get this on Win 8 (for any package...)

$ cabal install hoogle
Resolving dependencies...
Downloading hoogle-4.2.32...
Failed to install hoogle-4.2.32
Last 10 lines of the build log (
C:\Users\mantkiew\AppData\Roaming\cabal\logs\hoogle-4.2.32.log ):
cabal.exe: C:\Users\mantkiew\AppData\Roaming\cabal\logs\hoogle-4.2.32.log:
does not exist

But when the connection returns, I could successfully built it. Previously,
however, that was not the case (with pandoc example).

Hope that helps. Maybe this bug is related to loosing internet connection
during cabal install run and having some leftovers which prevent it from
restarting. Just speculating.

Michal