[Haskell-cafe] Cabal/cabal-install 1.20 release candidates

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:54:22 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've prepared the Cabal/cabal-install 1.20 release candidates. I now need
some help testing, especially on Windows as I don't have a Windows machine.

There are over 300 commits since the last release and lots of interesting
new features and changes. I will write them down when I make the actual
release.

To install the release candidates simply run:

    cabal install --constraint="HTTP >= 4000.2.5"
http://johantibell.com/files/Cabal-1.20.0-rc.tar.gz
http://johantibell.com/files/cabal-install-1.20.0-rc.tar.gz

(The --constraint="HTTP >= 4000.2.5" flag is used to work around an issue I
already found in the RC, it won't be needed for the real release.)

Please report any issues on the bug tracker:
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues

If I haven't heard of anything release blocking bugs (or last minute
important patches) in a couple of days, I will make these tarballs the
official release.

The commits used are tagged in the repo as Cabal-v1.20.0-rc and
cabal-install-v1.20.0-rc.

-- Johan