[Haskell-cafe] Minimal Haskell Platform

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 15 10:19:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

Simon Hengel wrote:
> When looking at `network` specifically, I think it does not even have
> external dependencies, it just needs a C compiler and GNU autotools. So
> if we care about Windows support, couldn't we just bundle MingGW with a
> minimalistic GHC + cabal-install distribution.

Interesting. As far as I know, the ghc distribution for Windows already
bundles some tools. So maybe network was a bad example? Or maybe it was
hard to install even with the tools bundled.

I don't remember, because for the last couple of years, I have been
happily using the Haskell Platform, so I stopped trying to install
network from source.

   Tillmann