[Haskell-cafe] Handling Windows file name conventions without unix (Posix) package?

David Johnson djohnson.m at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 05:17:22 UTC 2014

Dominick,

I recommend looking at the unix-compat package when working on non-posix
systems.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/unix-compat-0.4.1.1/docs/System-PosixCompat-Files.html

As far as dealing with the different file conventions across OS's, I
recommend looking at the filepath library. It has functions for dealing w/
filepaths agnostically.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/filepath-1.3.0.2/docs/System-FilePath-Windows.html

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:56 PM, Dominick Samperi <djsamperi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The unix package (System.Posix) is not supported under Windows and
> I wonder if there is an alternative solution that deals with the odd file
> naming convention under windows (backward vs unix forward slash),
> spaces in file names, etc.
>
> It looks like System.Environment is a good substitute for System.Posix.Env,
> but it is not clear how to deal with file naming conventions.
>
> Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dominick

Cell: 1.630.740.8204