[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Yi 0.8

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 18:10:10 UTC 2014

On 11/04/14 12:32, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> We're pleased to announced Yi 0.8!
>
> While this isn't a huge release, there are some nice fixes and breaking
> changes compared to 0.7.0. Please note that 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 were just
> maintenance releases so these are lumped under this announcement.
>
> What I think is most notable is removal of Yi.Prelude, dropping GHC 7.4
> support, making Yi work with GHC 7.8.1 (and soon 7.8.2 when that comes
> out sometime today), moving from data-accessor to lens and finally
> dropping the dead front-ends.
>
> Please visit us at https://github.com/yi-editor/yi
>
> [snip]

We've been made aware that this release doesn't build for some people
due to name clashes with lens: the name in question has been removed
from lens but if your lens version is old enough then you'll have this
problem.

We have released 0.8.1 which fixes lens version bounds.

Thanks and apologies for the noise.

--
Mateusz K.