[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE slot-lambda

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Mon Apr 7 20:53:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

Adam vogt wrote:
> Ideally there could be something like camlp4 for haskell, but as far
> as I know there isn't such a thing.

We built SugarHaskell to explore that design space. See our paper at the
Haskell Symposium 2012:

   http://sugarj.org/sugarhaskell.pdf

While there is not much going on about SugarHaskell specifically, the
underlying language-independent framework is still actively developed,
in the https://github.com/sugar-lang organization. The eclipse plugin
for SugarHaskell from http://update.sugarj.org/ should work. I don't
know what the status of the command-line version is, though.

Even if you don't want to use all of SugarHaskell, the underlying easily
extensible grammar might still be a good starting point. It uses
declarative layout constraints to specify Haskell's layout in a modular
way. See our paper at the conference on software language engineering 2012:

   http://sugarj.org/layout-parsing.pdf

Tillmann