[Haskell-cafe] Ported a Python script for use with Go to Haskell

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Sat Apr 5 16:36:40 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Matt Joiner <anacrolix at gmail.com> wrote:

> I considered the same thing with an existing GOBIN env var. I did actually
> test it and found it worked as expected.

Omg, color me surprised!

> Items earlier in the list seem to have higher priority.

I'd drill deeper into this to find out why if I had the time, but in any
case, are you sure you want to rely on such brittle, undocumented behavior?

Goerzen's MissingH has an addToAL that's perfect for the job:

    origEnv <- getEnvironment
    let clobberedEnv = addToAL origEnv "GOBIN" dest

I prefer not to use setenv, because I want to exec into the binary later
> without GOBIN clobbered, which means keeping the current environment
> pristine. Good point about it not matching the Python version, but then a
> few other things don't either now. :)

Fair enough. :)

-- Kim-Ee