[Haskell-cafe] Haskell + emacs + Ghc-mod 4.0.1

Arnaud Bailly arnaud.oqube at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 07:03:41 UTC 2014

OK, I forgot the —enable-tests flag to cabal install…

However, there seems to be some strange interactions I do not understand fully with the test section of cabal.
Here is the cabal file:

name:             Thermometre
version:          0.1.0.0
synopsis:            synopsis
license:             PublicDomain
license-file:        LICENSE
author:              Black
-- maintainer:
-- copyright:
-- category:
build-type:       Simple
cabal-version:    >= 1.8

library
  hs-source-dirs:
      src
  exposed-modules:
      Thermometre
  build-depends:
      base    == 4.*

test-suite spec
  type:
      exitcode-stdio-1.0
  ghc-options:
      -Wall -Werror
  hs-source-dirs:
      test
  main-is:
      Spec.hs
  build-depends:
      base    == 4.*
    , Thermometre
    , hspec   >= 1.3

When I remove the test-suite section and open src/Thermometre.hs I got errors highlighting which is fine. C-c C-t does not give me types however ('Cannot guess type’ message).

When I leave the test-suite section then opening Thermometre.hs gives me a package error: ‘cannot satisfy -package Thermometre’ as there is a dependency from the tests to the main library.

How can I solve that?

Thanks
Arnaud