[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] network-transport-zeromq-0.1.

Patrick Wheeler patrick.john.wheeler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:52:26 UTC 2014

> Our vision is that send/expect should work according to the default
distributed-process semantics, but one ought to be allowed to vary the
semantics of channel-based communication (as opposed to actor-based)
according to what is relevant to the application. E.g. an application
ought to be able to give up reliability for better latency/throughput
on a channel-by-channel basis.

That pretty exciting.  I will have to put aside some time to tryout Cloud
Haskell on top of your ZeroMQ layer.  I would love to see a simple example
of how this would work with different reliability settings in a ping-pong
example.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Edsko de Vries <edsko at well-typed.com>wrote:

> Hi Mathieu,
>
> That sounds great! It's great to see that the redesign of Cloud Haskell
> with a pluggable Network.Transport layer is in fact being used. Good stuff!
>
> Edsko
>
> --

Patrick Wheeler
Patrick.John.Wheeler at gmail.com