[Haskell-cafe] Poll & plea: State of GUI & graphics libraries in Haskell

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Sep 27 22:39:17 CEST 2013

:
:
:
> * Am I mistaken about the current status? I.e., is there a solution for
> Haskell GUI & graphics programming that satisfies the properties I'm
> looking for (cross-platform, easily buildable, GHCi-friendly, and
> OpenGL-compatible)?
> * Are there people willing and able to fix this situation? My own
> contributions would be to test and to share high-level composable and
> efficient GUI and graphics libraries on top of a working foundation.

  - wxHaskell is now actively maintained; several people have contributed
new functionality and solutions to bugs. I hope there will be more people
to help squash bugs, extend functionality and make the installation
procedure easier.
  - The problems with GHCi will probably be solved with GHC 7.8.
  - OpenGL is supported

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--