[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Job Opportunity (Remote Work)

Benny benny at shotvibe.com
Thu Sep 26 04:38:35 CEST 2013

Hello,

ShotVibe is an early-stage Israeli startup company in the mobile photo
sharing space. We are looking for an experienced or expert level Haskell
programmer for backend web related projects. The work will be done by you
remotely, using a freelancer model, with the potential for longer term work
in the near future (also remote).

One of the projects we have is a server application that queues messages
that are to be sent to end user mobile phones, and pushes them through the
"push notification" APIs supplied by Google and Apple. The work needed here
involves some bug fixes, and some new features. This project will likely
eventually be open sourced.

Another project that we need to be written from scratch is a web
application that handles photo uploads and processes them (including
verifying user authentication with our main web backend, image resizing,
and storing images on Amazon S3). This will probably end up only a few
hundred lines of Haskell code, but involves integrating a bunch of stuff
together.

We are also interested in experimenting in using Haskell for some other
areas of our backend where we are currently using Python.

If you are interested you may contact me at: benny at shotvibe.com

Please feel free to forward this email to any friends or acquaintances that
may be interested.