[Haskell-cafe] FFI: how to handle external dll crashes

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Mon Sep 23 13:46:37 CEST 2013

Hey,

I don't think any of your code actually forks of an *OS process*.

There three main kinds of threading constructs:

* Haskell threads (forkIO)
* Operating System threads (forkOS)
* Operating System processes (forkProcess, fork() in C)

Async uses the first one, you will need last one (which is similar to
effectively start two Haskell programs).