[Haskell-cafe] Creating a local Hoogle ...

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 05:55:40 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I've installed Hoogle but am having issues creating the databases. I first
did: `hoogle data all`, tried a search `hoogle "[a] -> a" and got:
Could not find some databases: default
Searching in:
  .
~/.cabal/share/hoogle-4.2.21/databases

Either the package does not exist or has not been generated
Found 4263 databases, including: abacate abcnotation abortt-monadstf
abortt-mtl abortt-transformers

So to create th default database I did: `hoogle combine *.hoo` and then got:
Combining 4263 databases
hoogle: embroidery.hoo: openFile: resource exhausted (Too many open files)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-deech