[Haskell-cafe] FLTK GUI Binding in progress. Call for participation.
aditya.siram at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 23:39:05 CEST 2013
I'm working on a FLTK  GUI binding . The attraction of FLTK is that
it is portable across many platforms, meaning it is easy to:
1. provide a binary for your application that works without installing
anything else. eg. no need to install X on Mac. Just double-click!
2. develop on other platforms because both the library and the bindings
have few dependencies and compile from scratch without a fuss.
3. provide native solutions that don't require the browser.
To my knowledge no current bindings have all those advantages.
Most of the work of wrapping the C++ in C is done and a number of the
examples that ship with FLTK have been ported to C and seem to be
I have only just started the Haskell bindings.
This is a great time to:
1. help with the low-level porting. Most of it is just busy work.
2. significantly influence what the Haskelly abstraction layer will look
3. tell me if I'm doing something wrong in the C/C++ code. I'm a newbie to
both languages. I've learned what I needed to know to get this far.
Thanks for your attention.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe