[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle vs Hayoo

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 19:50:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

Hoogle is definitely not deprecated. The reason you can't yet search
all packages simultaneously is that it consumes too many resources -
the number of Haskell packages exploded at a time when I wasn't able
to spend enough time to allow Hoogle to keep up. It's definitely
something on the todo list! The FP complete guys are helping with the
work required to get there.

Be careful what you wish for though. I can't almost guarantee that
every type you search for is available in the lens package as a
hylo-zygote-para-poly-morphism if you instantiate the Bazaar
applicative to the right type. I agree that sorting the platform
packages to the top of the list is likely to help make this more
manageable.

Thanks, Neil