[Haskell-cafe] Cabal sandboxes over cabal-dev

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 09:05:59 UTC 2013

(Note: I'm one of the developers/designers of cabal sandboxes.)

Cabal sandboxes were developed after cabal-dev and was generally an effort
to bring sandboxes to the masses by integrating them into cabal proper.
There are a couple of benefits to this integration:

 * New features are designed with sandboxes in mind.
 * We can generally get a smoother integration with rest of Cabal.
 * We support add-source deps as links rather than copies (see the docs).